Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Quick card tonight

We had some bad weather move in tonight – a little bit of hail, 50+ MPH winds, rain, and a tornado warning. But it passed over pretty quickly.

The background on this card was made by picking up the “extra“ gilding polish from my Altenew chevron stencil. I believe it’s called the “kiss method“. Where I laid this cardstock against the original background (see my last post for the original card).  And yes, I am still working with the Altenew Fabulous Florets. I have a whole stack of these in different colors so I’m sure you’ll be seeing them again (and again).

In the background you see some things that I love having on my table tonight. The colorful box with the red hearts was my Mother’s Day gift from my grandson so it will always have a cherished place in my room. The “blessed” sign is new from Hobby Lobby; it was 50% off. I don’t typically buy decorations like this but it just spoke to me (because I am blessed). The brackets are from IKEA and they are used to connect pegboard to a table top. I don’t have a plan for them yet but since my husband and son were up by the IKEA store I asked them to pick them up for me. They are only $4 for a set of two and they work great if you don’t want to put pegboard on the wall. I’m thinking of putting smaller pegboards on my crafting table for the things I use most often (but honestly I don’t really need to). Or I might use them to connect a bulletin board to my table so I can display some of my favorite cards.

 Thanks for stopping by. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.