Friday, June 5, 2020

Altenew June 2020 Inspiration Challenge Entry

I'm sure you've figured out by now that I'm a fan of Altenew's products.  I've got an order coming in the next week - YAY!

Jaycee Gaspar posted a challenge (his first - and my first time playing along).  Here's the inspiration picture from the Altenew card blog post ; be sure to go over and look at the great cards Jaycee created.
 Altenew June 2020 Inspiration Photo  Love the rich blue-green and browns.

I started to do a masculine card but with all these Fabulous Florets on my table, I naturally gravitated to using them!

Here's my card based on Jaycee's inspiration picture and his two cards.




Most of the products on this card are Altenew - The flowers and leaves are from the Fabulous Florets set and are stamped in Iceberg, Ocean Waves, and Dusk ink.  The background was inked with Macho and Rocky Shore using the Chevrons stencil.  I did add some Creative Expressions Gold Treasure metallic gilding polish and a few generic crystals.  The sentiment is from Altenew's stamp sent Dearest Friend and inked in Espresso.  The blue bow and twine are from a card kit from Stamps of Life.

Not quite the masculine card I thought I would try but I like it.  This card will be sent in my next box to Cards for Soldiers.  This organization sends boxes of cards (and other goodies) to deployed military around the world so they can write home.  If you love making cards and want to help the morale of our brave men and women serving our country and their families back home, check out this organization on Facebook.

Thanks for taking a look ... stay safe and do some creating!  Susan

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.