Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Christmas Tags

I have two wonderful grandsons - one is in 1st grade and the other is in daycare (he's 3).  I made Christmas tags last year for my older grandson (the younger was at a sitter's and I didn't think about doing it for him) so this year I'm doing it for both.  Because my grandson goes to a private school, at least 1/3 of his classmates are from the previous year so the tags needed to be different.

My youngest grandson loves nutcrackers (he calls them nutcracks).  When I saw Concord & 9th's Winter Wonderland nutcrackers on a card that Jennifer McGuire made I knew I had to have this die set.  It did not disappoint.

Here is a sampling of the tags I made.  I finished 25 tags and still have 10 more to do.  I think the rest of them will be with snowmen instead of nutcrackers!


These guys are very small but not hard to assemble - even the teeny tiny pieces (even with my big fingers).  I started by die cutting the pieces out of various cardstock colors and then matching them up when I assembled.  The next round I cut several from the same color combo and then assembled - much easier (especially for color challenged people).  

If you haven't seen this die set from Concord & 9th, check it out.  It comes with the nutcracker, snowmen, a car with a tree on the roof, a snow globe, and tiny snow flakes.


There's a stamp set that coordinates with it but I didn't get that.  This snow globe ended up in the trash because I didn't do a good job of assembling it (in the picture the glue is still wet and visible).

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you get to spend your Thanksgiving with those you love and who love you.  Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.